Home         About         Contact        
allhaywire
.blogspot.com
FANGIRL LIVING

Here I flaunt my Asian pop culture fandom, ramble about Japanese anime, films and TV shows, share artworks, and sometimes I write for a bit o' cheese (read: moolah). Follow my blog!

On my radar
...

Banners

Follow All Haywire

Archive


Tweet


--
Writing & Layout © allhaywire |  RSS
Layout inspired by Greying
Base codes are from Elle.




Tuesday, May 17, 2011 / 1:47 AM

As much as I admire BEAST, I never really grew attached(?) to any of their songs before. It's not that their songs are terrible, they're pretty much likable actually, but what annoys me is that, despite having completely different melodies and moods, their songs always used the same old beats/percussion thing that came across as too teeny-boppy for me. I think the composers wanted to give the songs a stronger, energetic vibe, but it sounded so awkwardly out of place in Shock and Breath that it frustrated me to hell.

But thank God they didn't stop at Breath last year, and released Lights Go On Again soon afterward. The songs were beautiful and it was their best album to date, in my opinion. Until they took me aback and returned this week with their first full album, wonderfully titled FICTION OR FACT.

Oh. My. God. I love the mature, Western-like, emotive yet easygoing feel of The Fact, which is the intro song (Why are their best songs always the short intro ones?!). I love the emotions in the unplugged version of Lightless. I love the '90s-boy-band vibe of You. The title track, Fiction, is my favorite, unsurprisingly, and is about someone who wants to cling on to a lost love by writing a novel, thus the title. The piano melody is melancholic and very beautiful, which is even more emphasized in the orchestra version (why can't SME let SHINee do something like that?).

They obviously went all out on their first album, and it shows. I love all the songs to bits after the first listen, which rarely happens to me. This album tops all their old ones for sure.

FICTION (MUSIC VIDEO)
The choreography looks pretty slick and great by the way.




1. THE FACT


2. BACK TO YOU


3. YOU


4. FREEZE


5. VIRUS


6. THOUGH I CALL


7. ON RAINY DAYS


8. LIGHTLESS (UNPLUGGED VERSION)


9. FICTION (ORCHESTRA VERSION)

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment



Previous Entries | Next Entries