Home         About         Contact        
allhaywire
.blogspot.com
FANGIRL LIVING

Here I flaunt my Asian pop culture fandom, ramble about Japanese anime, films and TV shows, share artworks, and sometimes I write for a bit o' cheese (read: moolah). Follow my blog!

On my radar
...

Banners

Follow All Haywire

Archive


Tweet


--
Writing & Layout © allhaywire |  RSS
Layout inspired by Greying
Base codes are from Elle.




Thursday, May 26, 2011 / 6:39 PM

Okay, let's get to the point: A live-action drama adaptation of the anime OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB is in the works for July! The one and only Ouran, that starred Maaya Sakamoto and Mamoru Miyano (a.k.a. Light Yagami) as the voice actors of Haruhi Fujioka and Tamaki Suoh. How. Cool. Is. That.

L-R: Morinozuka Takashi, Hani-sempai, Ohtori Kyouya, Fujioka Haruhi (sitting), Suoh Tamaki, and the Hitaachin twins

I assume this is official since the news was released through a recent magazine and I visited anime forums all over the web to confirm it. The much-anticipated cast was also revealed:

HARUNA KAWAGUCHI (Nagareboshi) plays our heroine, Haruhi Fujioka. She has a pretty, androgynous face but whoa, she's only sixteen.


Yusuke Yamamoto, Haruna Kawaguchi

Tamaki Suoh will be played by YUSUKE YAMAMOTO (Kamen Rider Kabuto, My Fair Boy). I saw pictures of his smiling face thru Google, and let's just say that while I'm not very -- uh -- fond of it, I'd cut him some slack if he plays the part well and gets the proper hairstyle. And at least he's tall enough, at 180cm.

DAITO SHUNSUKE (Rescue) will be the club's vice president, Kyouya Ohtori, and the Hitaachin twins are going to be played by TAKAGI SHINPEI and TAKAGI MANPEI.  

MASAYA NAKAMURA (Tenshi no Wakemae) plays the man of few words, Morinozuka Takashi. He'll tower over everyone else at 192cm. Now I'm officially a dwarf.


Masaya Nakamura, Daito Shunsuke

CHIBA YUDAI (Tensou Sentai Goseiger) plays Haninozuka Mitsukuni, aka Hani-sempai. Isn't he the cutest thing ever? The actor stands at 173cm and is 25cm taller than the character but I can already imagine him being all cutesy and lolishota-ish and cake-loving.

Chiba Yudai, Takagi twins

RYUSEI RYO (Hammer Session) will play Umehito Nakazawa, the man who dislikes light and owns a cat-like puppet. Wow, I almost forgot about this character.

Ryusei Ryo

So there goes the main cast, and nope, I have not seen or heard of any one of them before. I only fancy Chiba Yudai but somehow I feel they'll fit into their roles just fine. They have that Ouran aura, y'know? I just hope everybody has nice teeth (I can't stop cringing when I watched 1 Litre of Tears (the series) or even Goong/Princess Hours).

Although there's still no news about whether they're adapting the anime storyline or not, I think the producers are sticking to the real manga. I dunno how much focus they'll bring to the relationship between Tamaki and Haruhi given that the drama is under the genre "School comedy". What, it's not a school-rom-com? Err. Okay. Whatever. Titles are titles. I'm still looking forward to this drama.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment



Previous Entries | Next Entries